Thursday, February 26, 2015

How To Survive Morning Sickness

There is no sickness like morning sickness. Oh man. I had it hard core until about 13 weeks. It was so bad that I couldn't even step foot in the kitchen because the smell of food made me throw up. I unfortunately had to take medicine for it but I do have tips to help it (:

1. Candles/Scentsy - Burn a smell that is cinnamon. I think I did cozy fireside Scentsy. I didn't figure this out till the end of the 13 weeks but it really helped a lot. I first noticed it when we were walking around Walmart and they had all the Christmas stuff out and there were those cinnamon scented pinecones. I smelt them and felt SOOO much better. Plus if you put this in the kitchen, then it replaces all those food smells (except for in the fridge... avoid having smelly food in there). 

2. Paper dishes - these as I mentioned in a pervious post are essential. I couldn't wash dishes without puking because of the smell of them.

3. Hydration - hydration is very important, especially as you're throwing up a lot. I got so dehydrated that I had to go in for fluids and that just wasn't fun. The best way to stay hydrated is to get a water bottle with a straw. This was a tip from my sister. I recently got this great one that even keeps track as you drink. It is called a HydraCoach. It even lets you set a goal and tells you how close to your goal you are. Click the name to find a link to it. Its seriously the best water bottle ever. The straw helps you mindless sip at it as well and that gets your more fluids! 

4. Bland food - I survived on cinnamon toast, LIFE cereal and granola bars. Then I started getting cravings for chips and hash browns and then I only ate these for two weeks. Probably not the most nutritious but when you are throwing up four times a day, any food in your system seems good enough. Also keep some of this bland food by the bed. It helps to eat some before you get out of bed. 

5. This is a tip for your significant other - cook her food that is bland. She is puking, tired, nauseous and probably weak at this point. Nothing is more helpful than cooking her food. Eating is a chore when you feel that sick and cooking just makes it worse. 

6. Unisom +B6 - If you are so bad that you need to take medicine, then I recommend this (by doctor approval first of course). My doctor recommended this and said its class A. It helped so much! I took it at night and woke up a lot less nauseous! 

7. Ginger and Lemon - tea or water. These two things help a lot! I was drinking a glass of ginger tea almost daily and added lemon to my water. 

8. Preggie pops - or drops. These help so much. I had to suck on them during class (especially when the girl in my class had to eat smelly soup every class period)  and they really helped. They really just take the edge off. If you live in the city you can usually find them at the store but if you're like me an live in Wyoming, rural... Amazon it is! 

9. Sea bands - These bracelets look like skinny sweat bands and they have knobs that push on a pressure point in your wrist which helps with nausea. I can't say if I noticed an immediate change from them but I think they helped some. I wore them everyday until I noticed the nausea clearing up. I do know some people see an amazing change with these. I think it depends on who you are.  

Welp, these are all the hints I can think of. If you have any leave them in the comments (: 


*disclaimer: Links are amazon affiliated

No comments:

Post a Comment