I was so surprised when the ultrasound tech showed us it's a boy. I was positive it was a girl! Daddy is super excited! I'm excited as well but I was super excited either way!
At the beginning of the scan baby was all curled up! I wish I was that flexible! It kept curling up like this a lot but luckily he likes to move A LOT and we were able to get the pictures of what we needed.
Overall the appointment went great! Everything looks how its suppose to look at this point (: This was at the high risk doctor so they were VERY thorough. Baby weighs 13 ounces. Unfortunately they couldn't get an accurate height because baby was so curled up, making it hard to measure the spine. But everything seemed to measure right so I'm sure its 10-12 inches long or so.
Pre-e wise they asked to make sure I'm still taking the baby aspirin everyday. They stressed the importance of this. I'm happy to say I haven't missed a single day since they started telling me to take it. They also suggested a calcium supplement twice a day. She thinks this might help with placenta health as well. These are really the only two preventative care things I can really do.
They are going to have my normal ob do a scan every 4 weeks and I will return to Billings in 8 weeks for a scan. They also did a blood draw to test for down syndrome and those things (I didn't care to have this done but....) they said this test also checks 2 indicators of placenta health so she strongly suggested I do it. It was an easy blood draw and only one vial luckily.
It was a really good experience! I really really like the Maternal medicine in Billings at St. Vincent hospital.
Hopefully soon I'll have a copy of the ultrasound up! If I do, I'll link it here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avHqPPKfoyc
Oh and we don't have a name yet! Names are hard.... :/
Two pictures I screen shotted from the video. They are of the nose and mouth. One mouth is open and one its closed (:
There are some face ones. The first one is scary! You can see the lens in the eyeball. The angle made it so we could only see half the face this way but it has two eyeballs (:
Here are the arms, legs, feet and hands
Pre-e wise they asked to make sure I'm still taking the baby aspirin everyday. They stressed the importance of this. I'm happy to say I haven't missed a single day since they started telling me to take it. They also suggested a calcium supplement twice a day. She thinks this might help with placenta health as well. These are really the only two preventative care things I can really do.
They are going to have my normal ob do a scan every 4 weeks and I will return to Billings in 8 weeks for a scan. They also did a blood draw to test for down syndrome and those things (I didn't care to have this done but....) they said this test also checks 2 indicators of placenta health so she strongly suggested I do it. It was an easy blood draw and only one vial luckily.
It was a really good experience! I really really like the Maternal medicine in Billings at St. Vincent hospital.
Hopefully soon I'll have a copy of the ultrasound up! If I do, I'll link it here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avHqPPKfoyc
Oh and we don't have a name yet! Names are hard.... :/
Two pictures I screen shotted from the video. They are of the nose and mouth. One mouth is open and one its closed (:











No comments:
Post a Comment