Anyways aside from school kicking my butt everything is good! Baby is perfectly growing and perfectly kicking like a ninja! There have been quite a few funny kicks by him that just make me sit there and laugh. I guess, after losing a baby, the kicks mean SOO much more to me. Every little kick just... just makes everything feel okay for a second.
Friday I did notice my blood pressure going up a little. Normally its about 87-99/55-65. All day Friday and Saturday it was 108/70, and being overly cautious me I decided to go in and just have them check everything out. Better safe than sorry (: They did a simple NST (non stress test) which was just putting the contraction paddle on my upper belly and the heart rate paddle on my lower tummy. They also did a urine test and checked my blood pressure for about an hour. Everything was perfect. No contractions which is good of course and baby's heart rate was good. There is no better sound and nothing more relaxing than listening to your baby's heartbeat for an hour straight. It made me feel so much better and even dropped my blood pressure back to normal. I think I was just getting anxious and that was raising it. Its kinda sucky that the simplest things can raise it.
Yesterday, so Wednesday, I had a growth scan and my glucose test. First I'll say the glucose test was fine but oh man did it make me feel sick. The drink isn't bad at all, like flat 7-UP but it make my tummy and head hurt. I suppose it probably does almost anyone cause it is so sugar filled.
Baby looked so perfect during the scan. Kicking and acting all silly in there (: I was really anxious going in there though. I had felt him kick and checked about two hours prior with my doppler so I knew he was okay but I hadn't been in that room since I heard those awful words about Jayden. It did help that they had pumped me full of sugar so all my anxiety projected into excited energy.
![]() |
| Face with umbilical cord on it |
The scan was a pretty normal routine. She checked all his body parts, got measurements and then worked on getting a 4D picture of his face. He was hanging out with his hand on his face the whole time though so we had a hard time getting a good face picture. I'm guessing it was because the umbilical cord kept resting on his face so he'd swat it away and then put his hand back to his face to prevent it from hitting it again. What a tough life.... having umbilical cord hitting your face while you sleep :p
We also tried to get a good foot picture but he was pushing them against the side of my uterus so it was hard. He just wasn't cooperating :p Already stubborn like his parents (: I didn't have a chance to add words to these pictures so hopefully you can tell what they are. This one was so funny because kept trying to grab his foot. In this picture you can see the bottom half of the legs and then one of his feet. You can really just see the inside side of his foot and his big toe (right side of the picture) then on the left is his hand with his index finger pointing out. And below I'm going to put two other face pictures with his hand. Its crazy how you can see all the parts of his hand.I don't have a picture of it, but she also pointed out the fact that his hair is growing in some and he has eyelashes! I could see the hair on her screen but not the eyelashes.
Oh yeah! He weighs 1 lb 10 ounces. This puts him at the 50 percent-tile which means his weight is completely average. Fluid levels measured right too. Everything is good (: My next appointment and growth scan is at the end of the month. I'm sure I'll get anxious and have them probably just check his heartbeat and my urine before than though. Love my little guy so much already (:
![]() |
| You can see his eyes, part of his nose and mouth here. Plus that little hand (: |
![]() |
| He's almost sucking his thumb! Not quite though. |



No comments:
Post a Comment