Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cravings

One of the questions I get most from friends and family since being pregnant is if I'm craving anything. If it's a friend, especially one who hasn't been pregnant before they always ask if I'm craving pickles. Thanks to the movies and TV going into my first pregnancy I even thought I would be craving pickles! I don't think once between either pregnancies have I truly craved a pickle! 

Last pregnancy I actually craved things I normally craved like lemonade and artichokes. This pregnancy though, I'm craving foods I normally don't even like. These are: avocados, bacon, and brats. When I'm nauseous I crave banana peppers and lastly I crave hot sauce (but this is again a normal craving for me).

I started off with terrible morning sickness though and the only thing I think I ate for a week was hash browns and salt and vinegar potato chips. I ate an entire bag in a day. I would definitely say potatoes were a craving for me then and I still do crave them every once in a while but not as hard core as I did then. According to netmums.com  a potato craving is rather popular during pregnancy and might be due to the drop in blood sugar causing a craving in carbs. I would say the only other thing this craving possibly pointed to was that its a boy (which I don't think it is but check out my last post about gender predictors).

I think avocados fit in with Mexican food and in general I have craved it as well. This makes me think girl because my mom craved Mexican food with me (:

Otherwise I have no idea if my cravings can mean anything other than lack of a nutrient... although I don't know what nutrient I would need from a pig (I hate the taste of pork!!) Baby sure loves it though because it sure kicks a lot after I eat brats.

Cravings are such a weird thing and they are weird when you're pregnant. There have been so many nights I just lay there and am just like ahhhhh I'm never gonna sleep unless I eat _____. I didn't have that feeling much last pregnancy so this time it really took me by surprise.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment