Monday, January 26, 2015

Tips for attending school while pregnant

Going to school while pregnant can be a lot harder than people think it is. Between the tiredness, baby/pregnant brain and morning sickness going to school can be a challenge. I have never felt exhausted like I do while pregnant, especially during that first trimester. Not only does the exhaustion make it hard to do get school done but then you have a whole house to take care of as well. Im extremely lucky and not required to work right now either, but oh man add having a job into the equation and you have (work + school + house)(pregnancy) = sleeping every second you can. Not only does that all come into play but then morning sickness hits. Now you are tired and want to vomit at the site or smell of food. Here are things I figured out that help:

1. Invest in paper plates and cups. Dishes are the last thing you want to do during early pregnancy. Now that I'm further along I don't mind doing them but when I am tired I still get them out and have my boyfriend and I eat on them.

2. When you have the energy work ahead!!! This sucks cause when you have the energy you wanna do funner things but it is a serious lifesaver to have things done ahead of time especially when you are going to be tired and nauseous. Plus the further along you get, the more you'll want to start googling baby stuff and making wish lists/registeries.

3. Tell your teachers. I'm in a bunch of science classes which means dead animals and chemicals. It's very important to tell these teachers because some of this can be harmful!

4. People are stupid. That's kinda mean but I found being 21 and now 22 and pregnant, people still look at me and treat me as if I was in high school and got pregnant. The people that give you looks or decided to make your pregnancy the topic of their conversation are dumb and its a waste of your energy to care. They'll understand one day and feel dumb for acting how they did.

5. Make sure to bring food and water with you everyday. I always get hungry during class (probably from being bored haha) and if you're anything like me, barely hungry turns to starving in about three minutes.

6. Always carry your nausea aids with you as well. I'll be listing mine in a post soon about morning sickness but this was very vital for me. This girl in my class would eat soup and oh gosh it made me nauseous from the smell.

7. Lastly choose a seat by the door. Your need to pee is going to go up a lot and it's less weird feeling getting up to go if you're already by the door. 

Oh lied there's an 8. Invest in a good backpack!! My sister gave me hers (which I think was expensive) and I love it!! Your back is already going to start hurting naturally from baby growing so get a good backpack so you aren't adding to the pain. Along with this, its a good idea to get a good pair of tennis shoes as well. They REALLY help with back pain as well. 

These are all the tips I can think of at the moment. If you have any good tips leave them in the comments (:

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment